Hi, I’m Claire, the Editor of Muddy Stilettos Essex. I hope you’ll enjoy reading the latest reviews, news and happenings around this wonderful county as much as I’ll love writing them.
A born and bred Essex girl, I grew up in pre-TOWIE Brentwood, moving to London for a few years before settling in Bocking with my husband, two boys and two cats where I’ve been writing as a freelancer for publications that include Fabulous, Cosmopolitan, the Metro and The Evening Standard.
Prior to joining Team Muddy, I was the Editor of An Essex Wedding meaning I’m pretty much clued-up to all the happenings in and around the area, be it places to stay, great food and drink, or where to be pampered.
Of course, I’m biased, but what’s not to love about Essex? We have countryside and coast, culture and cuisine – not to mention amazing days out, be it going solo, with your partner, or as a whole family. So with this in mind, sit back, relax, and let me bring you all there is to know about what’s on in the best county in the UK.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous newsletter delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!