Hi, I’m Ziggy. Welcome to the Essex Edition of award-winning lifestyle platform, Muddy Stilettos. Brace yourself for some fun, as you’ve found the finest guide to what’s hot and unmissable in this brilliant county.
As for my credentials, I was most recently Editor on Lifestyle magazine, and prior to that I was Lifestyle Editor on DAD.Info, and Deputy Editor on National Geographic Kids. I specialise in the family market, but I’ve also worked across a wide range of other publications – from health and beauty to fashion and travel.
When I became a mum nine years ago, our cool but bijou flat in Islington definitely seemed to shrink as our little girl grew, so slowly but surely (we’re talking one zone at a time here), we’ve moved out of the Big Smoke to settle in the gorgeous countryside of Essex, and we’ve never looked back. From cosy pubs and postcard-pretty villages to chic and quirky indie stores and eateries, we (myself, husband, daughter and two moggies, Eric and Olive) now have the best of both worlds – all the lures of city life but in the calm and clean air of the countryside. Bingo.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.