Hello! I’m Lianne, Essex editor of award-winning lifestyle platform Muddy Stilettos, and I’m all about bringing you the very best this unique county has to offer.
Hello, lovely readers! I’m Lianne, your new resident Muddy Essex Editor. I was born and raised in Maldon (so, you could quite literally say I’m the salt of the earth). After living and working in London for a few years, I moved back to Essex where I now live in a small village just outside Chelmsford with my husband and three-year-old son. There’s even a duck pond – how life has changed!
Having written for Tablet Hotels, Glamour magazine, NET-A-PORTER and Jo Malone London, I am passionate about all things travel, fashion, lifestyle and beauty. And Essex is SO much more than fake tan and TOWIE (trust me!). From chic coffee shops and independent boutiques to the finest restaurants and coolest places to stay, I will be hunting down the best Essex has to offer.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.